Sunday, July 07, 2013

For what it's worth


Last Sunday I committed the sin of sins. Last Sunday I forgot that it was my bride’s and my wedding anniversary. It was the first time in forty-nine years that I have forgotten it. The only thing that saved me from stormy feminine wrath is that Carolyn also forgot it. She always forgets it. However, I could tell that she was disappointed that I did forget.  I too am ill at ease about it. It is bad enough to forget but I just do not feel that I am old enough to be losing so much memory so quickly. Scary it is.


Been off methotrexate for two weeks now and I am feeling it. Sore fingers feel like sausage links, swollen joints reducing circulation and it is ten days to go until surgery and two weeks after that before i can go back on the pills. Then it will be three or four more weeks before they are once more effective. “I am a man of constant sorrow” but if I forget another anniversary, I will have to start drinking alcohol again for solace and that will ease some RA pain, too.

No comments:

Blog Archive