Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New adventure

View from rental house

This afternoon we meet with the owner of the house we will be renting so as to to sign the lease; we should be able to begin moving stuff Saturday; I want everything moved by August 31. There is much to do with getting electricity and water turned on, get an address change, getting internet service switched, and other small tasks I cannot think of right now. Odd, I was on crutches when we moved into this house 17 years ago and I will leave it on the same pair of sticks; there were some very good free-walking years in-between. I will probably be off the net for an unknown period, but will still have the Droid to check on a few sites. I already feel better with some of our living pressures reduced.
Have a great Wednesday, my friends.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Looks like a nice neighborhood. Do I see that burgundy Escape down there at the center of the photo?
OMG 17 years on the sticks. Certainly builds character, eh?
Hope the move goes well. You will soon be reveling in your new space. My room has just undergone a 'renewal' with the addition of a new desk. Its been fun and I am enjoying my new space.

By the time I get back from our trip.. starting Thursday, you will be comfortably enjoying the new freedom. I will be off line for the duration, as we don't take computers with us when we travel. Its very refreshing, the good old days. Enjoy the move!
cheers

Anonymous said...

I think the burgundy car is '98 Explorer, Escape's bigger brother. Most of the homes in that subdivision are double-wide trailers; there are a few stick-built houses along the ridge road.

Most of the 17 years were off the sticks, but I've had enough of them for a lifetime.

I've been reading your blog about the new desk, monitor, and upcoming adventures into movieland. Having a space like yours is very nice; it will soon become a part of you.

LOL! I won't have to ask Cyrus if he has heard from you; have a good and safe trip, my friend.

Thanks, Maggie.

Blog Archive